What are the regulations regarding foreign marriage or divorce with Chinese nationals?

1. Marriage registration is a necessary procedure for a legal marriage.

If a foreigner marries a Chinese national within the Chinese territory, in line with China' s Marriage Law, both parties should register with the Civil Affairs Department. The foreign party should produce the following documents and materials:

(1) Valid passport or other valid international travel documents;

(2) Proof issued by his/her country in China that s/he has no spouse.

2. If a foreigner and his/her Chinese spouse voluntarily decide to divorce in China, both parties should go to the Civil Affairs Department of Shandong Province to register for divorce. The foreigner should produce the following documents and materials:

(1) Marriage Certificate.

(2) Divorce Agreement signed by both parties;

(3) Valid passport and other valid international travel documents.

Produced By 大汉网络 大汉版通发布系统